~ Discover what makes Belly Bloom the right fit ~
Jenn is a professional Birth & Postpartum Doula as well as a Holistic Childbirth Educator supporting families in Calgary, Okotoks & High River.
She feels very strongly that new families deserve dedicated, authentic and compassionate support ultimately from a place of care and kindness in their childbearing years. Jenn wholeheartedly supports family-centered care and believes it is the best approach, where positive birth and postpartum experiences are the goal and where women hold the charge as care-givers assist, support and guide. She believes that the journey is optimal when you have choice, are respected, nurtured and genuinely cared for and can trust your own intuition and the team supporting you.
Jenn has a deep seeded respect for new parenthood and all of the ways is which it has personally helped her to grow and bloom. The gratitude she has for the love and support she was gifted through her own births and transitions to motherhood is what has propelled her into the world of birthwork and she now continues to seek out powerful and meaningful ways to mother a new mother & her family. She has adored the wisdom she has gained from not only a handful of both gracious & traditional midwives but more importantly the families she has had the honour of supporting.
Outside of birthwork, Jenn is the very grateful mother to two precious little humans and wife to an incredible man. Her sweet 6-year-old son was born on a very cold evening in February, he is her rainbow baby having lost her little babe the year before in miscarriage. Jenn’s vivacious 4-year-old daughter was born on a very hot summer morning in a very big hurry. Her home is full of dog hair and one quirky little Shiba Inu. She has five gorgeous nieces that light up her life and her favorite place is her backyard. The Rocky Mountains, fuzzy socks, gardening and tea make her so very happy and she adores being a sister, daughter and friend.
~ From Belly to Bloom ~
Jenn’s Certifications & Training
- Certified Holistic Birth Doula with The Matrona -Jul 2017
- DONA International Birth Doula Training – May 2017
- DONA International Postpartum Doula Training -Nov 2017
- Trained as a Childbirth Educator – Feb 2018
Continuing Education & Experience
- Rebozo Workshop (with Carla Jonguitud & Ligia Delfin) – April 2018
- Penny Simkin’s ‘When Survivor’s Give Birth’ Workshop – Nov 2017
- Jenn had run a successful dayhome for many years & has invaluable experience with children & families in all ages & stages
- Current Child Welfare Check, Standard First Aid & Child First Aid & CPR/AED Level B & C
(Photo Credit to Erin Brooke Burns http://www.erinbrooke.com/)